Become a Member
Becoming a member has a few simple requirements:
- You must be an alum of Newark Memorial High School, or a past high school that existed in Newark, CA (i.e. Newark High School, Memorial High School).
- You must have run cross country for said high school.
- A policy put in place by CXC4L as of June 22, 2005 requires new members to write an "essay" of at least 150 words in length before acceptance. The topic is: "Why I want to be part of CXC4L." Other creative options may also be available (ask for details), and in the past we have received written accounts of cross country races and video montages.
All questions and essay submissions should be sent to CXC4Lyo@gmail.com. When you submit your essay, it will be reviewed and then your request to join will be decided upon by the Board of Directors.
Advantages of Membership
- Members will be placed on the mailing list so that they are kept up to date about upcoming events.
- Members receive exclusive offers on alumni merchandise.
- Members earn the right to compete on the Alumni Team during the annual Alumni Meet and other local races that we participate in.
- Members receive an invitation to our annual alumni barbecue and dinner that are part of Alumni Meet Weekend.
- Members receive access to the Members Only area on this website which contains, among other things, our galleries and private announcements.
- Members are plugged into a network of highly educated and (due in part to cross country) well disciplined alumni.